Become an Instructor with Road-Ready
Our management staff is frequently seeking to hire good, safety-minded instructors. Instructors must be certified to teach driver education in Nebraska. Certification is accomplished in one of two ways:
- An individual holding a teaching certificate from Department of Education my acquire an endorsement of drivers' education on their certificate. This is attained through the Nebraska Safety Center at the University of Nebraska--Kearney
- Those individuals who are not in the teaching profession, but have a strong interest in traffic safety may take a specialized course of instruction for teaching driver education. These courses are offered through Southeast Community College.
Road-Ready holds our instructors to high standards and additionally require the following.
- Observe a Road-Ready teen class (2 weeks)
- Review Road-Ready driving routes (5 hours)
- Obtain copy of Nebraska driving record
- Agree to a background check
- Apply for adult teaching license with DMV
Tell us a little about yourself and we can discuss opportunities with Road-Ready.